See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Memories

Aloha, aloha, aloha! Wow we are back here in Hawaii and pretty much getting back into our routines. Tonight there is a 'coffee talk' at the UH Extention building. Ron & I are going and meeting up with some friends to do dinner after. There is always much good info and workshops for us coffee farmers and quite a helpful community. I am back to my Tue morn yoga classes, will paddle tomorrow and maybe even try a new spot to do my ocean jogging in this week. With gas prices so high,$4.50/gal here, I don't like to drive all the way to the Kailua pier unless I have other errands or a Costo trip to add. So this a.m. I just did a nice walk down Painted Church Rd. and Ron did a bike ride with a neighbor, Michelle. I'm anxious to see how my new spot will work. It's down at 2-Step in the bay and lots of locals and tourists go there to swim and to snorkel. I will have company eventhough I may look wierd doing my water jogging there. There are usually dolphins there so maybe I can have them accompany me. And it's only 2 miles from home. We had loads of trimming to do. Bushes, landscaping and all plus weeding in the coffee fields. Ron even picked a little coffee and some is already processed. We should have new crop coffee ready to send out in about a month or so. Yeah!
But first back to June, which is when we were able to catch a few memories. There are so many things we love about living here in Hawaii but it sure wouldn't be for everyone. Seeing so many of our friends and relatives brought memories back of why we liked MI & TN so well. Flat, flat, flat running in MI sure does help one along. And of course the cool, cool mornings just seem to push you along. Getting out with old running buddies and using the Clinton River Trail near my daughters reminded us how good running can be in MI in June. We even took our grandchildren on the west end of the CRT which is then called the West Bloomfield Trail and they loved it. In fact Casey did quite a bit of running with us while we were there. She seems to like to run as a cross training for her soccer. Then in TN, eventhough it was hot, hot, hot we realized how many wonderful friends we had made in such a short time. Grandkids there are both teenagers but we still can have great conversations with them. All on all it was great fun to see everyone and evethough we are back at work here on the farm we are already talking about our next trip to the mainland.

No comments: