See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Friday, July 11, 2008

We did it!!

Well two different things.....but Ron and I are both proud and excited about them both! Ever heard of the little devils 'coqui frogs'? They are about as big as your thumb nail and chirp a (co like 'go'--key)sound in the evening especially after a rain. If you have ever been in Hilo you have probably heard them and they are an unwanted pest. One sounds cute but I can't imagine thousands chirping at bedtime. A few have found their way over to this side so Ron & a buddy went coqui hunting. You need to go after dark to hear them, decide which tree he is in and spray a mixture of citric acid and water on the tree and ground. Well Ron has been successful on all his hunts and our neighbors, Tom & Rosemary, who live in a round house are forever grateful. Unlike snipe hunting, you can believe Ron if he wants to take you on a coqui hunt.

This morning I went by myself down to Two-Step in Honaunua Bay and did my ocean jogging. Except for not seeing Jane, Marie, Nanette, Claire, Krysta, Cindy & Connie and missing out on all the towny gossip, I had a blast! Not being a swimmer, let me tell you, it was a bit daunting to decide to go alone. But, of course, alone I wasn't. If you can imagine, here I was, jogging around talking to all the snorkelers. One came up and said "spectacular"!! I think I have found a new jogging route, it's 5 times closer to my house. And I think next time I will take my snorkel mask. Everytime I go down there I forget how I believe it to be the best snorkel area I have ever seen. My experience is pretty much limited to Kauai, Hanauma Bay in Honolulu, Mazatlan, Mex.,Paradise Is, Nassau and St. John Is, in the Virgin Isles. But the water here is the clearest and the deepest with tons of fish and not all small. Marci can expect a call to join me next time so maybe we can start our own group........

No comments: