See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Volcanoes and coffee

Fortunately Volcano NP only closed for 2 days and now they are raving about the reddish orange glow over Halemaumau crater seen best at dusk. The glow is not lava but a color caused by gasses and other chemicals beneath the surface coming out thru the rupture. What an amazing happening!! There is a picture somewhere and I will look for it and post it later if I can.

I ran across a cute video on youtube and posted it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE9p9weUWJ0&feature=related (copy & paste)
Now at the end he says go to KonaMountains website. Oh don't do that just go to www.konalisacoffee.com for a taste of our coffee processing.

I am trying to keep up with our slowly deminishing inventory and have put aside green for customers who have asked me to. Still not sure when I will run out but I will run out. But the greatest news is we had some good weather and a great blossom and the trees are loaded with beans. Ron is out irrigating today as he's worried that we aren't getting enough rain to help those beans grow. Picking season will tell the story. That is in August and we are still signing on pickers.........just in case you were wondering!!!

Just took off a batch of mac nuts from our dehydrator so I'll package them and bring them with me to the mainland in June. Today I will dehydrate some extra bananas and I have a pineapple that we picked last week that looks like it is ripening beautifully. Doubt we can eat the whole thing so I guess I will dehydrate some of it to. We can bring dehydrated/roasted items back to the mainland so depending on how long it keeps and how much more we get in I hope to bring some with me in June.

No comments: