See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Friday, September 14, 2007

Trolley, the Farm & flights reserved

Hey, big week here. This week was my last week up at the pier as I told them I just couldn't be there anymore. I will miss all the lovely people up there but said I would come and visit. On my last day Ron had to go south to a coffee class so he couldn't pick me up. They have an open air trolley from the pier up to Keauhou and back, so I finally got a chance to ride it. Not bad, 20 mins. and I was nearly home. It was a 3 block walk downhill so I enjoyed that. Thurs. we met the owners again for more info on the coffee farm. So far we have picked, pulped, dried, milled, roasted, bagged and sealed the coffee beans. Ron went out on the grounds and learned a bit about trimming, planting, and weeding. We don't know if we will ever remember the names of all the fruit trees planted there. The ones I currently remember are lillikoi(passion fruit), banana, lime, dragonfruit, papaya, avacado, mango. If you like fruit you will never go hungry here. On the other hand we hear it can be hard to grow veggies. No wonder they are so costly at the supermarket. We usually buy them from the local farmers market. Then best of all we got flights to Detroit, will visit with the kids, grandkids and drive down to Knoxville to sort out things and plan to be back here by Oct. 9. We are really excited to be able to see everyone as it seems so unreal to us. Hope we get to catch up with as many of you as possible when we get there. See ya soon.

No comments: