See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Today was my last 'paddle' for awhile so 'Sarge' took me out on the single hull outrigger for a great ride. We surfed a few waves and paddled over to thread the needle. We even stopped once to see the sun rising over the mountain. I guess they wanted to make sure I remembered all I have grown to love here on the island. Also I wanted a better workout as I'll have no ocean to do them on for a few weeks. I seem to get a much better workout on a single hull canoe than a double hull. Tonight we leave at 11pm from Kona to arrive in Detroit tomorrow afternoon with only one stop in Phoenix. We don't have a Honolulu stop either way this trip and that saves us a lot of time. It seems like I should be packing more but everything is really still back in Knoxville and I have not been out of tank tops, shorts & sandels since we arrived. (So what is it I need??) Oh, furniture............ We are trying to bring back an empty suitcase to load it up when we return. Do you think that might work? As you see there is a lounge chair in some pictures I sent. Maybe that's all we need. And right now it's hard to remember what we stashed in the storage unit. I think we are in for a surprise when we open it. Most of all we are looking forward to seeing everyone possible. If we don't see you this trip there will always be another and just maybe some of you will see us here before then. Wouldn't that be nice???

No comments: