See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ohhhhhhh the fins got their workout yesterday. Went snorkeling with some friends down at Two Step which is the snorkel bay near O Honaunau National Park. It's a beautiful area full of native fish, pretty almost transparent blue eels, turtles, baby barracuda and dolphins. It also has some of the most proliferant coral to see. All colors and some of what they call cauliflower coral.(Yes it looks just like big heads cauliflower) It's also only about 2 miles from our new place. I was able to swim out much farther than I usually do as I had partners to swim with (didn't use a swim belt). After looking around we came up and 'wow' we were out past the Zodiac boats. The Zodiac boat boats bring tourist/snorkel trips from downtown and the cruise ships to this area. Back on shore at the picnic table I found out I'd also been snorkeling with a RedHatter. I put on my RedHat birthday present(the bathing suit cover up with the slim figure and Maui skirt and lei)and got some laughs. So now I am invited to go to the nearby orchid farm with them next Tue. Luckily I brought along one red hat and I now have a purple aloha dress I had been wearing to work. Although I have not been working the last couple of weeks, my choice, I guess I will go back in and do some final restocking of coffee for them as I told them they need to get someone else in as soon I will have my own coffee to merchandise. And yes, Rich, I stopped at the Macadamia Nut Factory on my way back from Two Step and picked up a pound of macnuts for you. As soon I as I get my coffee I'll put it together and send it to you. My brother has reminded me that I need to send supplies to the UP. In the evening we went to my favorite restaurant here, 'Jackie Rey's' for dinner. BTW I only was able to stay up last nite for part of the lunar eclipse. I saw the beginning at 11:20pm so I laid down to rest when Ron awoke at about 1:10 and it was at it closing so I never did get to see the orange glow of the total eclipe which probably happened between 12-12:30am. Guess, I'll have to do that next time in 2010.

No comments: