See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Friday, March 28, 2008

June flights are booked

And we will be visiting the mainland from June 2-24. There are a few things I don't seem to be able to find here in the island and will want to pick up on my trips back. In case anyone is shopping and see those wine pourers I like would you pick them up for me? They are the flat silver ones that you roll and put just inside the bottle top to stop any dripping.
Day before yesterday I went to my first yoga classs since I have been on the island. I believe I found one of the best instructors ever. There are quite a few yoga studios here, kinda expect that in Hawaii. But until paddling and ocean jogging slowed down a bit I never took the time to check them out until I saw this one 7 minutes walking time from my house. Hooda is the kind of instructor I like. She shows the moves and then walks around the room helping with the moves and showing alternives and corrections. Then at the end, during relaxation, she sang. Sounded like a yoga chant and at first I wondered where the music came from as there was no background music during the class. I got a great class in a gorgeous, quiet setting and met some new friends.
I did my computations on how much coffee we have left. We weighed the parchment and reduced that by about 1/3 as that is how much weight is lost during milling and roasting. We figure we have about 300 pounds to last us until when next crop is ready in Sept.-Oct. I am saving some back for our regular customers and of course we will be gone in June and only time will tell if supply will meet demand. We hope so. Meanwhile tourists keep pouring in to see the volcano erupting. I actually think they are downplaying the story. It's both an awesone and frightening event and I believe they are leaving the scary stuff out. I don't mean that the lava will get to anyone as it moves so slowly that you have plenty of time to get out of its way. But it's the smoke and dust. Our days over here have not been the clearest and the NP data shows that the sulfur dioxide fumes are at the highest ever calculated. Right now the VOG blows southeast of the eruption spot and the only towns it is bothering is Volcano and Pohala. I think most of us would just rather fire-goddess Pele would make up her mind what she wants to do and get on with it instead of spewing and gushing with the smoke.

No comments: