See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Haley

Last week I had the idea to not only say happy birthday to my family here but to write a bit about each of them on their birthday. I'm already a bit late for the first one of the year, Haley. But I figure I'm going to try to keep up with this all year and to paraphrase an email just received from Jackie, you're last "hahahaha". Haley turned 12 a few days ago and is a very talented young lady. She sings, plays french horn, acts, and was student council president last year. Most recently she had a part in Suessical the Musical at school. She has tried out for both acting and singing parts in the local community also. Plus she emailed me last marking period that she had received all A's. She really loves swimming so I am looking forward to having her here to go snorkeling with. I must mention soccer as we went to not only her games but all the kids games when we were back in MI and look forward to seeing some more this spring/summer. Just a few nice things to be said about one of my granddaughters, since I am a bit far away but it wouldn't be the same if I wasn't able to keep up with all of them on their day to day affairs. I know she had a fun birthday because she told me so!! Her 'great' mom also tells me little funnies that they say and bring up. Haley told her mom that she wanted to visit a coffee shop. Nic asked her why because she didn't think she ever had coffee. Haley said 'well it must be good because I love the smell of fresh roasted coffee'. Wait till she smells Kona on a roasting day!!

No comments: