See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh my, that last picture looks like the moon doesn't it. But it is a lime. No one has even given me a hint as to what kind it is. Hey, this is an interactive blog and sometimes I need some help.
This week has been big for us. Ginny wanted to turn over the business so she could be on with packing and moving. So this Sat. I will be taking over the Keauhou Market shop. Little did I know what that involves. First I had to sign up for the State farmers organization to be allowed to sell there and then join the local Kona Farmers Market organization, then get a license for the GIT tax, and get a VISA/MC machine. Meanwhile I had to have coffee inventory and have it roasted to package and label. Whew, I'm tired just writing all that and all this week. And did I tell you that each of those orgs & tax entities charge a fee.....Just what I came to Hawaii for; to offer my retirement for the betterment of the State of Hawaii. Many times ago I warned my kids that I was going to have a good time on their inheritance. And they still were supportive of our coffee farming fantasy. Crazy kids!!!
I think hawking the coffee may be easier on my body than ocean jogging and lava walking. I did that this week and am totally sore. Monday Ron dropped me off a few minutes late at the pier and the gals were two bouys out already. It took me till the turnaround point to catch up with them and they had an Ironwoman with them! I also beat her back because I had an appointment with the tax man (see above). Not completely healed, but yesterday I went to check out a new trail while waiting for Ron to finish a tile job he was doing. No, no, no, I had sandals on and shouldn't have done that. Tomorrow is a paddle day so I'm really looking forward to the upper body workout this time, ha ha.
Then I have to deal with Ron debating on running the Hilo marathon. Today was the last day to sign up at 1/2 price. I remembered to remind him and he is still in oblivion to an event to be held in March. He has visions of coffee trees, coffee beans, pruning & fertilization, walkways, harvesting fruit. Can't blame him. Who knows what life will be bringing us in March anyway.

No comments: