See us at http://www.konalisacoffee.com ` ` ` ` "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." --------St. Augustine

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A few of my favorite things

I've been told that I'd better get blogging. Yes I know I have been slacking haven't I? Well I continue to enjoy it here so I suppose I should share some of the whys. We have our sign "Cornerstone Farms" out on the road and when we put the open sign up we seem to immediately get guests. We are amazed and flattered that so many visitors want to see the farm and get a small tour of how coffee is grown and processed and we enjoy showing them around and talking up the Kona coffee area. It's fun meeting people from all over the world. So far we've had visitors from several European countries, Japan, Quebec and other areas of Canada, plus many states back on the mainland. We always feel home has come to us when we get tourists from Michigan and Tennessee. We find even more things to talk about and catch up on.

Continuing to paddle and jog in the ocean is still on my list. Altough I was soooo glad that they started a winter paddle at 8a.m. instead of 6:30. This morning we saw several whale spouts but the whales were out quite far, not so the dolphins. They were swimming right next to us.

Ron mentioned the other day after having dinner with Linda & Al how glad he was that I met Linda while working down at the pier. Al is a new coffee farmer just like Ron. So we all understand that we need to take a break together and enjoy some beers and talk some story.

Our backyard, I believe, will always continue to amaze me. Last week Ron saw a large white bird high up in a tree. Using our binoculars we were able to get its markings and determine that he is a Hawaiian hawk. They are on the endangered species list but we think he lives in our yard because we have seen him fly over before. Hopefully he is doing his job and keeping the varmits away. Today I was reminded by a friend while paddling about our spectacular sunsets. Denise says she is going to start making her own postcards with the shots she has taken and I thanked her for the idea. Sunday we watched an outrigger, cruise ship, wave runner, more single paddlers, fishing boats, and smaller dinner cruises all go by us. What fun!!

So those are just a few of my current favorite things. I sure am glad I have them to rely on because I do get lonesome for my family, kids, grandkids (especially), sister. The trips back to the mainland are already becoming special to me and I am looking forward to the spring/summer visit already.

No comments: